First Step: Initial Contact
- If death was sudden or unexpected call 911.
- If death was in hospital, care facility, hospice or planned home death, call Drake’s at (250) 377-8225– 24/7.
Second Step: Completing Funeral and/or Cremation Arrangements
- When you’re ready (i.e. had a night’s sleep if you needed it) phone Drake’s (250-377-8225). We’ll come to you, or you can come to our place.
- For the arrangement, we will ask you for information and items such as:
- Care Card Number
- Birth Certificate, if available
- Social Insurance Number
- Parent’s names, including mother’s maiden name, and their birth places
- Occupation information (pre-retirement)
- A recent photograph
- Clothing for the deceased person, if desired.
- We’ll present options and follow your instructions.
- We’ll produce the Death Certificate, and assist with obituaries, CPP Death Benefits and other matters at no charge.
Third Step: After the Cremation/Burial and any Service Held
- There is no need to rush…take a few days off if you need them.
- Start reading through the estate support tools we’ve provided at no charge.
- Start contacting the various places.
- Call us if you need some help (no charge, no time limit!)
If you have more detailed questions on what steps to take next or if you are ready for us to assist you, call Drake’s at (250) 377-8225 – we are here to help you.